Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Crimson Armada - GUARDIANS


Not since the days of Stryper have I held such utter contempt for a band like I do for The Crimson Armada. These Black Dahlia Murder rip-offs have gone the route of preaching their spiritual benedictions while wearing the mask of Death Metal musicians. Attempting to layer their vocals like many of the more monstrous bands of this genre, The Crimson Armada falls short of reaching the proper aesthetics with lyrics like “Fall to your knees. I pray for mercy.” Not very brutal in my eyes!

The sad thing is that the guitar work is actually quite good on this CD. There is a high level of technical prowess between the guitarists. Their guitars harmonize nicely, and their riffing is very fluid with plenty of hammer-on and sweeping techniques used in their song structures. If only they didn’t try to sound so much like The Black Dahlia Murder and wrote some truly wicked music, then perhaps they would have won me over. But as far as I’m concerned, Death Metal is meant to be shocking and infernal, and this brand of Christian Metal is just not winning me over.

Rating: 1 ½ Skulls

TRACKLIST
1. Guardian
2. A Filthy Addiction
3. The Sound, The Flood, The Hour
4. In The Eyes Of God
5. The Serpents Tongue
6. Revelations
7. Desecrated
8. The Final Words
9. The Architect
10. Outro

Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment